12 November 2013

Notebook Hoarding (And the One I May Finish After All)


Meet my newest writing notebook.

The ironic thing about this notebook is that the more I use it, the more it seems to decompose (the irony here is that this is called a "decomposition notebook") (it's decomposition because it's made of recycling materials).

This is one of the first notebooks I will be finishing. I am halfway through it and aside from many of my cryptic, serial killer style handwritten scribbles of ideas, poems, half started stories, is a short-ish story that I am on my way to finishing. 

I feel like it's a sign of maturity (and also a sign of my dwindling bank account) that I am finishing this notebook. Most I get about 25% through my notebooks and think of a reason why I need a new one (this is my notebook hoarding self) (I have many unfinished notebooks I'd like to get through one day).

Yes, it's getting a little ratty looking and I'm looking more and more "bus person" like these days when I drag it out, but actually...I'm quite proud of myself. If I manage to finish this notebook AND this story that I am writing in it?

Well, that would be pretty cool. And then I would have earned my new notebook as a well-deserved reward (hey, we all need something to strive for, right?)

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with notebooks. I don't think I've finished a single one of them. Congratulations for actually filling one up. I should try doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's quite a feat for me! :) It's a discipline to not just start anew that's for sure!

      Delete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.