08 October 2013

Writing Exercise - Using Your Five Senses


childhood
 
 

I've been workng a lot from this imaginative writing text book that I had from college and one of the lessons it's talking about describes using your five senses - sight, smell, hearing, taste, and touch - within your writing.

One of the activities it talked about was this -
Use your five senses to describe a thrilling or anguishing moment from childhood. Use personification, metaphor or simile within your writing.


(Used from the textbook Imaginative Writing by Janet Burroway; pg 26).

I wrote mine about the jungle gym I used to play on when I was in Kindergarden. What did you write about?

0 People Had Something to Say:

Post a Comment

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.