08 October 2013

Looking Forward - Blogging 2013 and On

Creativity
 
So I've been thinking a lot lately where I want this blog to go - and how I want to continue on and what I foresee for myself. I'm still open to change for this blog, but in the meantime, I think I want to go back to square one.

I've been struggling a lot with what I want to write and I am realizing that I am struggling with "going back to the drawing board." When I put aside that fantasy novel, I knew I was not just letting go of the novel, but I was also letting go of this childish ideal that one day it will become a bestseller. Well, as long as you have a work in progress, you might have a bestseller, right? And when you have to start from scratch, well you don't have that anymore.

I am back to the drawing board and I no longer am going to pour over stories long past that I have started and haven't finished. I want something new.

What does this mean for blogging?

Well, I've been doing a lot of writing exercises lately from one of my old writing textbooks. I'm doing a lot of exercises and practices. It actually helps and more than just helping me find a story to stay connected to, it also helps to get me connected in writing itself. Which is what I need the most.

What I would like to begin to do is sharing these exercises with you as a way of keeping track of writing activities and prompts so I can look back later and see if I can get re-inspired. I can't promise I will post everything I've written, but maybe if I feel really good about something, I'll post it.

Overall, this is a good way of making me feel good and being creative all at the same time (my tag line should be - when I write, I'm happy).

 

4 comments:

  1. I love writing exercises. I look forward to you sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never go wrong with writing exercises! :) Hope you are greatly inspired, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.