11 May 2013

Support Artists and Inspire Yourself - Novica.com

In partnership with National Geographic, Novica features artists around the world. From Bali to Peru to West Africa, you can purchase beautiful items handmade by these talented artists and support an ongoing effort to improve the lives of creatives all around the world.

I had the opportunity to become familiar with Novica's site and their products. One of their most inspiring - and fun - and addictive features is the curation section. Curation allows you to put together products and images as part of a gallery to showcase items you enjoy. It reminds me a lot of Pinterest, actually, and it allows you to search out the site and "curate" items you want part of your collection.

For this special occasion, I made a curation gallery entitled, "A Writer's Supply Closet." Here's a screen shot of what I put together -



The items you can find on this site are incredible! I can spend hours - and several hundred dollars - on this site alone.  They have lamps, notebooks, kites, and even really pretty silver pendant necklaces I couldn't resist perusing. If you do purchase through the site, I must say that I highly recommend it because not only are the products amazing, the shipping prices are incredible too.

I also love that you can purchase a loan for the artists that Novica features. It's a way of contributing to a better lifestyle for artists around the world and making yourself feel warm and fuzzy inside. Isn't that a great feeling?

So, take time today to take a look at this site - and create your own curation page! I'd love to see what you put together.

I'm also excited to announce that I am giving away a $50 certificate to Novica for an item of your choice!

Here's how to enter -

1) Required: Go to Novica.com and let me know in the comments which item you would like to buy, either for yourself or for someone else!

2) +5 Extra Points: Sign up for Novica.com and register for an account and create your own curation page. Once you've created yours, leave me the link to your page (and include a valid email address as well, so I know how to reach you)

3) +1 Extra Point: Go to Novica's Facebook page and "like it." Let me know which name you used to like their page.

4) +1 Extra Point: Follow Novica on Twitter and let me know which Twitter account you followed them with.

Contest ends on May 24th.

***UPDATE: With 46 valid entries, I rolled the dice with Random.org and I got entry # 3. Kate Fuller is the winner and has 48 hours to claim her prize! 

Disclaimer: I received a $50 gift certificate in exchange for this honest review.



43 comments:

  1. I would buy the Drinking glasses, 'Cobalt Classics' (set of 6)
    kellywcu8888ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Follow Novica on Twitter(Kellydsaver)
    kellywcu8888ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to buy the Garnet dangle earrings, 'Kuta Princess.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cotton blouse, 'Hypnotic Geometry'.. or maybe a wrap around skirt.. too hard to choose!

    melissa.junk80 (at) gmail (dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. melissa.junk80 (at) gmail (dot)com

    I followed on twitter - Melissa22620225

    ReplyDelete
  6. melissa.junk80 (at) gmail (dot)com

    I liked on facebook - Melissa Hurst Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Amethyst flower bracelet, 'Mexican Parrots'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also follow Novica on twitter.

    irishskater425

    skater425@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked Novica on Facebook.

    RoseBecker.589

    skater425@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the Jade bangle bracelet, 'Green Forest Princess'.

    carolinebock1 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Lapis lazuli dangle earrings, 'Lotus Buds

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Batik tunic, 'Tulip'

    sswpss at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like NOVICA on FB, my FB name is Vicki Sh

    sswpss at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LIKE THE Beaded necklace, 'Gush'. Cheryl Abdelnour cjabdelnour@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I HAVE CREATED A WISH LIST. http://www.novica.com/mynovica/wishlist/ cjabdelnour@hotmail.com


    5 ENTRIES

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like Novica's Facebook page as Cheryl Abdelnour

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow Novica on Twitter as mt4cb. Cheryl Abdelnour cjabdelnour@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. celadon turtles
    jessicawedwards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the dangle earrings!
    sweetsillysara@gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the tiger trance necklace

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow novica on facebook

    dawn st.... keenan banks

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow novica on twitter

    newnameford

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the prosperous drum. Twitter juliemurphy20 and facebook Julie Mathews murphy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gold vermeil and amethyst earrings, 'Thai Orchid'

    dlatany at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like Novica on facebook

    dlatany at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I follow Novica on twitter

    dlatany at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. twitter name is sweetums82
    facebook name latanya thornhill

    dlatany at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE the Cotton blouse, 'Layers in Black'

    -Ashley Marie Morrissey
    ashummz05(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Following Novica on Twitter @ashmo90

    -Ashley Marie Morrissey
    ashummz05(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Liked on Facebook already! :)

    -Ashley Marie Morrissey
    ashummz05(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'd go with the Wood sculpture, 'Blessing Cat'

    ReplyDelete
  32. Moonstone solitaire ring, 'Perfection'

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the blown glass margarita glasses!

    amyldalrymple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow Novica on twitter (machina328)

    amyldalrymple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would choose the Garnet band ring, 'Love'-that is my birthstone and it is a beautiful ring!!

    amandajoyrauch at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wood wall panel, 'Dragon with Lotus Bud'

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love the Arequipa Dream shawl, and perhaps another alpaca wool shawl for my mother. Thank you!
    pixelberrypie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm a fan of Novica on Facebook as Pixel Berry Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would like to buy the Amazonite drop earrings!
    melindacity2 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Liked Novica on fb as Melinda Elizabeth

    melindacity2 at gmailcom

    ReplyDelete
  41. Liked Novica on fb as melindacity

    melindacity2 at gmailcom

    ReplyDelete
  42. oh man, there is so much i could get from here... i literally can't pick right now! let's just say, i would love to win this :D

    ReplyDelete
  43. i also liked on facebook :) ~ SK

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

Note: I also have received a lot of spam comments lately and I am temporarily requiring word verification. Sorry for the hassle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.