11 February 2013

The Real Writer's Muse - A Coffee Review


I couldn't believe my luck with this find. I personally love rich coffee, and I tend to get bored with all the usual blends I buy. I got to try Whittard Coffee, a London based coffee company who have been in business since 1886. Yes 1886. You have to know that they know their stuff if they've been in business that long.

Like I've said before, coffee is what can keep me going and inspire me morning and night to write and stay disciplined. And I think every writer should have a healthy stock of coffee at any given moment.



I received two blends of coffee - Guatemalan Elephant and Bourbon Espresso. Both coffees provided a rich flavor, and I love that about this coffee company. These blends were so rich and smelled so wonderful, by the way, that I fought the urge to lick the grains right out of the bag (okay, weird imagery I know). My personal favorite of the two that I tried was the Bourbon Espresso, which seemed especially rich to me and flavorful.

The cost of these two bags were very reasonable - about $6.00 to $6.25 for a 4.4 oz of coffee (which you can also purchase ground). 

Now, if you are not so much a coffee person, Whittard Coffee also sells tea, hot chocolate, as well as equipment for making coffee and tea, and beautiful china

If you still need to stock up your cabinet or pantry with coffee, do consider Whittard Coffee for your blends. 

Disclaimer: I received two complimentary packs of coffee in exchange for my honest review.

Categories: ,

5 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd like coffee...as a kid I tried it, and it was very bitter. But one day...a switch flipped in me. It went from "yuck" to "tolerable" to "good when I need a boost" to "NEED IT".

    Typical drug addict love story.

    I'll have to try this brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you do! It is so rich tasting, it was a wonderful experience trying that out! :)

      Delete
  2. I am such a fan and yes I agree that it is a Writer's (and Reader's) ultimate Muse to keep it going! Thanks for this post, Nicole.

    ~Dee
    about.me/deyanira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Coffee is my life blood! :)

      Delete
  3. I love my coffee. I have two favorite hangouts in the area. Walnut Coffee in Edmonds and Red Cup in Mukilteo. I go to Walnut for the excellent coffee and Red Cup for the atmosphere. (I get a lot of writing done there.)

    Thanks for the coffee review. I may give them a try.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.