07 January 2013

The Best Computer Chair You'll Ever Have

As a writer, I spend a lot of my time on my computer. While sometimes I plant myself on the couch, in front of the television (which is off most of the time, I PROMISE), a lot of the times I feel my most productive at my computer desk. This way I have distractions blocked out and I can focus.

Now, a pretty ridiculous thing happened over the summer. My computer chair broke. It broke. The back came off of it (photo below of backless chair),





The problem was that this chair didn't have great support and so I (as well as my mom and older brother) would lean far back in the chair to sort of relax in a way.

In case you didn't know, when you lean far back enough in a chair, the back snaps off.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a chair from UNEEDIT.com. UNEEDIT.com is the mecca of office (and home office) supplies (whether you work in a standard office, or you have your own home office, this is the place you want to go).

Alright, I know your first question, "How long did it take you to actually put this thing together?"
Here's the chair when I first received it.









It obviously does not arrive all put together, but it did not take me a long time to figure out where everything went (and I'm not a "read the directions" kind of gal). The trickiest part was putting on the wheels (and that just entailed me pushed hard to get the wheel clicked into its place).

And then the sitting action.

Let me tell you, this is one of the best computer chair's I've had. I know it's still new and it hasn't had the chance to pass the test of long term use, but let me go over the benefits -

1) It encourages you to sit up straight.

The chair is created in a way that you want to sit up straight while you are sitting in it (no Schroeder's hunch for me!). I appreciate this because I spend a long time in front of the computer and I hate the ache I get in my back when I don't have the right posture.

2) Very, very comfortable.

This chair is comfortable. It has
soft padding all around and I love the feeling it gives me when I sit (no fanny ache too badly either).

3) Its a big chair.

Another important factor - and this is vain, I'll tell you now - I hate having to worry about the size of a chair in comparison to me (see Goldilock’s Syndrome). This is a nicely sized chair that I feel comfortable in.

4) The deep discount!

The benefit of purchasing this on UNEEDIT.com is the deep discount you receive by purchasing it on their site. The value of this chair is $459.00, but UNeedIt.com has it on sale for $139.68. That more than 50 percent off!

Downsides?

If you despise, hate even, the thought of having to put anything together when it comes in the mail (like you literally want it to wheel out of the box), this may not be the best computer chair for you. But if you don't mind some light putting-together-ness, than you will do just fine.

And the most wonderful thing about this is, I have the opportunity to give away one of these chairs!

Required Entry:

Go to UNEEDIT.com and tell me what item you would need the most for your office (home office, or otherwise). Please provide a valid email address in your comment so I know how to reach you if you win!

Optional Entries:

+1 Entry - like UNeedIt.com on Facebook
+1 Entry - Like my blog on Facebook
+1 Entry - Follow UNeedIt on Twitter
+1 Entry - Follow @BeingTheWriter on twitter
+1 Entry - Follow my blog GFC

For each entry you complete, add a comment letting me know. Please do not leave just one comment saying you have done all of the above, otherwise you will just receive credit for one entry.

The contest ends on 1/19/2013. I will update this post and announce the winner on that end date.

UPDATE: Sorry for my delay! I have chosen the winner via Random.org. It randomly selected entrant # 6!  Kim Burnett - I will send you an email for you to claim your prize!

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary chair in exchange for my honest review.

45 comments:

  1. I NEED the Hercules leather sofa!!!

    macy augustus at gmail dot come

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of mail so I'd LOVE the Moistener/Sealer All-in-One

    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your blog on facebook- lauren becker

    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Hercules leather sofa is gorgeous!
    kwil79 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. like you on facebook
    kwil79 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. follow u need it on twitter
    kwil79 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. follow you on twitter
    kwil79 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like the 10500 "L" Workstation Left 3/4-Height Pedestal Desk for our office.
    kellywcuATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Follow UNeedIt on Twitter(Kellydinpa)
    kellywcuATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Follow @BeingTheWriter on twitter(Kellydinpa)
    KellywcuATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow you on GFC(Kellyr78)
    kellywcuATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need the Trento Line Rectangular Desk

    ReplyDelete
  13. We need the external hard drive. Apollo Expert! Our computer keeps on crashing and taking all our data with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could use the http://www.uneedit.com/office-supplies-furniture/tables/adjustable-drawing-and-drafting-table-black-frame-and-dual-wheel-casters-nan-jn-2739-gg

    serenap95(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Following using GFC


    serenap95(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following UNEEDIT on Twitter
    serena6504


    serenap95(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Following Being The Writer on Twitter
    serena6504

    serenap95(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need their Decorative Eight Compartment Literature Sorter for my craft room. Thanks!
    hstorm799{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I follow you via GFC as Holly S.
    hstorm799{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could also use the electric bill counter with counterfeit detector. SKU: RSI RBC-3100

    emailoftim@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like UNeedIt.com on Facebook as Tim Lintz

    emailoftim@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Like your blog on Facebook as Tim Lintz

    ReplyDelete
  23. I Follow UNeedIt on Twitter as @1brisket

    emailoftim@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Follow @BeingTheWriter on twitter as @1brisket

    emailoftim@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I Follow your blog GFCas Tim Lintz

    emailoftim@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like the Trento Line Rectangular Desk

    amyldalrymple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like UNEEDIT on facebook

    amyldalrymple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like your fb page

    amyldalrymple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would like 1500W Oscillating Ceramic Heater, 7-1/4 x 9-1/8 x 13-7/8, Chrome/Gray

    ltlbit1@hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am your Facebook fan as jeanne fairbanks conner

    ltlbit1@hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow you via GFC as jeanne conner

    ltlbit1@hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the 1500W Heater Fan w/ALCI Heater. A space heater can save you a ton of money in the winter because they are much more efficient than a furnace. asotv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. like UNeedIt.com on Facebook as David Lintz

    ReplyDelete
  34. Like your blog on Facebook as David Lintz

    ReplyDelete
  35. Follow UNeedIt on Twitter as 1froglegs

    ReplyDelete
  36. Follow @BeingTheWriter on twitter as 1froglegs

    ReplyDelete
  37. Follow your blog on GFC as David Lintz

    ReplyDelete
  38. I could definitely use the HERCULES Imperial Series Black Leather Love Seat
    rufful at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. follow on gfc (Rochel Sid)
    rufful at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Liked UNEEDIT on facebook as Julie Harris
    platinum40julie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Liked your blog on facebook as Julie Harris
    platinum40julie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW it retails for $459 and you got that computer chair for $139.68 - thats a phenomenal saving and I say that being in the office furniture industry!

    For the most part office chairs do come flat packed, its easier and more secure to ship them like that - if they got delivered with the wheels on its likely they would end up damaged in the back of the courier truck...

    ReplyDelete

  43. Hi, I am John working in IT company. Cause of busy I work in my home so, I need a high-configaration which is one of the
    best computers.best computers.
    So, I was feeling worried about the best computer. By friend suggest me to visit your website and got it. This is really good product.
    Specially RAM, graphic, and all configaration are good. I am happy. I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'd like to take the power of thanking you for that specialized guidance I've constantly enjoyed viewing your blog. my home page

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.