14 December 2012

5 Sparrows - Tasty Hot Chocolate and Chai Tea (and a Yummy Recipe Inside)

So, not only do I like to eat chocolate, I love to drink it too.

And so I had the chance to review 5 Sparrows Hot Chocolate, and I had so much fun drinking this stuff. What I love most about this brand is the fact that it was started by two people who've worked as baristas and their love of coffee just evolved (my shout out to baristas - I tend to bend their ear way too much when I buy coffee and they are always so patient and nice). And this company was created out of their vision and I was so proud to take part in tasting this vision of theirs.

In fact, here's a photo of me actually drinking my hot chocolate:


Hey, don't judge the photography job, it was with my cell phone camera and mind you, I was attempting to take this photo with one hand.

I had the opportunity to try a sample of 5 Sparrow's White Hot Chocolate, Regular Hot Chocolate, and Spiced Chai. The great part about these three yummy mixes are sugar free and gluten free (they are sweetened with Stevia and Xyiltol (read more here).



I absolutely love the little samples I received - for my Chai Tea, I heated up Vanilla Soy Milk and added in a couple of tablespoons of the mix. It tasted pretty good! I'll be honest, though, I'm not usually a fan of Chai Tea, but I did enjoy what I made, and that says a lot, I think. 

My Chai Tea

But, most of all, my favorite of everything I received was the White Hot Chocolate. I never made anything like that before and I even invented my own little recipe using this amazingly tasty hot chocolate mix. 

I like to call it...My Black and White Hot Chocolate.

Black & White Hot Chocolate

8 Ounce Coffee Cup
Milk
Already Made Hot Coffee

Add in enough hot chocolate so that about 1 inch of the coffee cop is filled. 
Add milk to about 3/4ths of the way into the cup. 
Heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
Fill the rest with coffee.

This makes the best hot chocolate (with the added coffee, especially).

If you aren't a coffee fan, try this mix also with Vanilla Soy Milk or Vanilla Almond Milk instead (just fill the cup the whole way with milk instead of leaving room for coffee).
I could not believe how good this tasted and all of this I have to say was made at work, so my ingredients were all right in front of me and very simple (I was very proud of that, because I'm not usually this inventive with recipes!).

If you are looking for a tasty addition to Christmas morning (or evening), go to 5SparrowsBrand.com to purchase your mixes! By the way, all three of these mixes are sugar free. How awesome is that?

Disclaimer: I received a sample of each mix of hot chocolate and chai in exchange for my honest review.


11 comments:

  1. I love coffee and tea and my daughter loves hot chocolate! Thanks for sharing!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. my bf would LOVE this i'll have to share it with him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I'll have to check out the white hot chocolate myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would love this! I am a huge hot chocolate fan! I can be found drinking it even in the hot summer! lol. I love that they use Stevia and Xyiltol to sweeten them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and White Hot Chocolate sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish they made a diet hot chocolate that didn't taste like diet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I was worried about that too!! But this doesn't taste "diet," you can't tell at all!

      Delete
  7. I love hot chocolate. I'll have to try some of this with peppermint schnapps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipe sounds awesome! I might have to give this a look!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

Note: I also have received a lot of spam comments lately and I am temporarily requiring word verification. Sorry for the hassle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.