24 November 2012

The Real Writer's Muse: Coffee (Brought to You by Ponderosa Coffee)

Let's be honest here. If writer's wait for the muse to strike to actually sit down and write, none of us would write another word.

So, what is the real muse?

Coffee, of course.

Coffee gets me up in the morning, keeps me going in the afternoon, and gives me energy for the night. Along with my inner discipline, which is as strong as ever of course, coffee is my life blood. And I know I'm not alone with that one!

So, the latest cup of coffee I drank, I sipped along with my latest work in progress (my NaNoWriMo failed novel last year; yes I'm giving it another try).

First, let me give a background of this new amazing coffee I've tried. Ponderosa coffee was started by Cheryl, after already creating her own coffee roasting machine company with her husband. She enjoyed the creativity of roasting coffee beans so much that she decided to turn her passion into Ponderosa Coffee Company.




I received Italian Roast to try and you know what? Ponderosa Coffee has a new fan!

What I don't like about some of the stronger roasts is how they can taste bitter and burnt. But this coffee was none of that. It was rich tasting with a deep, full flavor. It smelled fantastic while it was brewing, too! The entire bag of coffee was delicious and I was sad to see it end. I will definitely be buying more.

Prices are very reasonable. For the bag of coffee I received, you would only have to pay about $8.00 plus shipping. If you want a larger supply, a 1 pound container costs about $14.00 dollars.

I love buying coffee from a coffee roaster I feel like I can get to know. Cheryl also writes her own blog filled with coffee adventures and the latest events, roasts and good causes going on at Ponderosa Coffee. There are a ton of ways you can support a good cause when buying coffee with them and for this I am definitely going to become a returning customer.

And I am proud to announce that I get to giveaway one pound of coffee! Courtesy of Ponderosa Coffee.

Here's what you do (for each one you do, make sure to leave a new comment! If you just leave one saying you've done them all, you will only get credit for one. So, leave a comment for each one)

1) Visit PonderosaRoasting.com and let me know which coffee you would like to try in the comment section.

2) Like Ponderosa Coffee's Facebook page

3) Follow Ponderosa Coffee on Twitter

4) Follow me via GFC

5) Subscribe by email

6) Like me on Facebook

Six chances! Contest ends on December 10th.

**UPDATE: CONTEST ENDED - COMMENT # 42 - Abeer Chodri - WON **

Pour yourself a cup and happy writing everyone!

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary bag of coffee in exchange for my review

44 comments:

  1. Visited Ponderosa Coffee.. Product is being slow to load.... Guess the answer to which I'd like to try would be a long the lines of surprise me ;-P I'm trying to see what flavored coffees they have since that's normally what I go for (yeah I know I'm a certified Coffee WIMP!! (Have to have flavor, cream, sugar - No can do the black stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay #2 = Like on FaceBook = Done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3) Follow on Twitter.... Done

    And just why don't I see your lovely face following them huh!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4) Already Am! - Google Friend Connect right

    ReplyDelete
  5. #5) Subscribe by eMail... Who you or Ponderosa??

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Finally #6)

    I think I'm following your page on FaceBook - clicked on the Facebook/Twitter thing over there too the right.... I know we're FB friends anyway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay pretty sure all 6 Done!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Box Office Blend sounds intrigueing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Ponderosa Coffee on FB as Linda Kwolek

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow Ponderosa Coffee On twitter as @kwolek21

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow The World of my Imagination GFC as Linda Kwolek

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow as The Worls of my Imagination as wildflowermother@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like The World of my Imagination on FB as Linda Kwolek

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love the espresso roast
    Ttrockwood@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liked ponderosa on fb (teri)
    Ttrockwood@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liked you on fb (teri)
    Ttrockwood@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. box office blend
    jessicawedwards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My first choice would be the Hazelnut flavored coffee.

    ladygeezer14 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bananas Foster flavored coffee sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm already a fan on Facebook - Jamie Leigh Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm already following you on Twitter - @wahwithjl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Following on GFC: Jamie Martin - jamielovesweeping@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Subscribed to newsletter! jamiesubscribes317@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm already a fan of yours on Facebook - Jamie Leigh Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd love to try the Sumatra Aceh Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  26. liked ponderosa on fb
    abeer chodri

    ReplyDelete
  27. liked ponderosa on twiter
    @nijah 28

    ReplyDelete
  28. subscribed by email
    kabeer.abeer@hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle flavor. kari_944@yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I Follow Ponderosa Coffee on Twitter. @Kari944. kari_944@yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I Followed you via GFC. Kari Flores. kari_944@yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. liked facebook!! myhappychappy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. followed on twitter ' walkwithchappy ' myhappychappy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Liked ponderosa Coffee on Facebook as Allyson Bossie
    masugr at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Following Ponderosa Coffee on Twitter @myw1ldcrazylife
    masugr at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.