07 September 2012

Qrt.co - Custom QR to Connect With Your Readers

I had the wonderful opportunity to review the latest of technology -
the QR code.

If you haven't seen these around, they are little squares that you scan to gain access to websites, coupons, social networking profiles, apps, etc.

And I had the chance to create my own with the company, QRT.co.

First, here is one of the three codes I had the chance to make:




How cool is this? Plus, the custom codes I created are easy and cheap to make. And I definitely want to show off the fancy "made by" insignia of Qrt.co:




So, the basic codes are free (without any special design) and their custom codes, which I made using their awesome templates, are only $9.95!

So, how could you use this?
Sure, you can use these on a blog.

But one other idea to throw out there -

How about those self published authors? Wouldn't you love your readers to be one quick scan away from your social networking accounts? We all recognize these codes and if I saw this on an "about the author" page for a book I loved, I would certainly use it.

My suggestion for authors in the process of self publishing to consider including this nifty piece of technology to promote your social networks and connect even more with your readers.

My only suggestion would be that Qrt.co allow for editing later. Especially being able to edit links and layout. Because right now when you make one, you can't go back to make changes. But overall, I'm very pleased with the result.

Click this link to find out more about Qrt.co!

Disclaimer: I received three free custom QR codes in exchange for this review.

Categories: ,

8 comments:

  1. I've seen these QR codes around but I'm not really sure what they're for or how you scan them (with a smart phone?).

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I use the "QR Reader" with my iPhone! I know there are a ton of different versions too!

      Delete
  2. Hey!

    I love this post, thank you for sharing. I went to their site and looked it over; and it works! For now, I'll settle for the basic, but those customized ones really are something.

    I love how you come up with practical and useful things to post. Well done!

    Chess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yah, I love the customized ones! They are so cute and I've seen some really creative ones!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I created one for my blog just now (gave you credit when the site asked who referred me). Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I hadn't even heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, cool...I might have to try making one of these sometime.

    And oddly, I can picture something like this in some kind of dystopian sci-fi story where people's driver's licenses, wallets, and credit cards have been replaced by scan codes imprinted on the inside of their wrists. Then hijinks ensue :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.