Welcome to the Writer Wednesday Blog Hop (otherwise titled, "Weekly Snapshot Prompt"). Now, both Carrie and I have been trying really hard to figure out how to improve the engagement of the prompt. We are so grateful for those who have contributed their creativity and we really want them to benefit in some way for getting involved each and every week. It is a lot to ask people to contribute their creative self each week.
By the way, here are the awesome stories from last week -
A Sign by Yolanda at the blog "Where's Landa?"
Chasing Rainbows by Chasing Revery
The Corner of Vine and 85th by Scott Taylor
Two Weirdos Are Here to See You by Me
So, how can we reward our entrants?
Well, we had an idea.
There will be brand new incentive to enter in your response to the writing prompt each week. You can win one of the following:
1) Blog Ad Spot on my side bar (and I would be happy to create a blog button for you) for an entire month on my blog as well as Carrie's blog.
2) A link to anything else of your choice on our sidebar - your book, an etsy store, twitter account, facebook page, etc. Pretty much anything that needs promotion can get a spot on my side bar as well as Carrie's.
How do you win?
Okay this is the nitty gritty.
- Each weekly writing prompt is a chance to enter to win the monthly ad prize. The chance to win runs from the first Wednesday of the month to the last Wednesday of the month. For example, for this month, the weekly prompt will be from July 4th (last Wednesday) to July 25th (the last Wednesday of July).
- As with any weekly prompt, you have until the next prompt to enter.
- Maximum number of entries is 4. This considers the number of weeks that are usually in each month. Minimum is obviously 1. You need to write a response to the story to win.
- Winners are chosen the first Wednesday of the following month. So for this month of July's ad contest, we won't choose a winner until August 1st - the first Wednesday in August. The winner will get to choose the ad they want placed on our blog and their ad will run for the whole month of August.
- Winners are randomly chosen. We will basically throw everyone's entries in a hat, so to speak, and choose our winner that way.
- Obviously blog hop hosts are not eligible for the contest. But we will still submit our own stories....cause it's just fun.
So that's it! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments! Also, if you are a photographer, we would love the chance to use your creative work in our weekly prompts, and Carrie has those details in this post here.
Everything else stays the same - the rules for the story, the word limit, the use of the photo and words, etc. Your story must follow the prompt guidelines to be considered for the contest. We will, however, still promote and spotlight all of our submissions each week as we always do!
And here's this weeks prompt! Here's the rules as a reminder:
1) There will be one photo, and five words - both of those elements must be a feature in the brief story you create.
2) There is also a 500 word maximum.
3) You have until the next Wednesday to create your post.
4) When you have finished your post, come back here and link up below and let me (or whoever your blog host is) know in the comments that you have done so!
5) We were going to tell you to not take this too seriously, but reconsidered it because we know full well that asking writers to write something means that they will take it seriously. So, take it seriously, but don't fret/panic/pass out/hyperventilate/lose sleep/run in fear over it.
And here's this photo ( taken from this link):
Here are the words (taken from this link):
When you are ready, post your link below!