30 June 2012

Play Time For You - Online Games



"Who wants to play video games?"

I am not ashamed to confess that I like online games. Way before I turned to blogging and Twitter for online fun, I loved playing online games. I know, I know as a writer my ideal goal to reach would be to lock myself in a windowless room with no electronics hammering out my weekly bestseller via the typewriter while someone feeds be through a tube, but we all know that that isn't possible.





I am online most of my day and in between looking for jobs, checking out what you guys are doing, and looking for job and working my story (mornings are the best for this), I love playing online games. It's my favorite "play time for me" thing to do. When I first started playing online games (pre-blogging), I have to tell you - my mom told me about them. I have no idea why but I had never thought of going online to play games. She introduced me to a couple that she enjoyed and BOOM. It captured me.

Visit Pogo.com


I recently discovered Pogo.com and I do love that site (by the way, my user name is "writeronthestorm" if you want to come by and say hi!). First, you can win prizes. Second, they have a wonderful iPhone app which you must try (easy, free). Third, their games are simple, fun, not overly addicting (which is good in my book because I do not want to get enthralled in a three hour game when I have job searching/ and writing to do). And finally, I love these games because I like to think they're increasing my quick thinking skills, and critical thinking skills.

The game I am telling you about today is called, Poppit, and...seriously awesome. It's quick first of all. And it's got pretty colors (hey, I"m easily pleased). Aannd best of all there is an iPhone app for it. So in between reading my e-books, writing notes for my future "locked-in-a-windowless-room" bestseller, I can play this really fun game. Trust me, you must try Poppit. It's cute. Adorable (there are tiny fuzzy stuffed animal looking things involved).

And guess what??

I have the game embedded into this post so you can try it out too! Come on, you know you want to. GIve it a try. Come on (hee hee) --



Race against the clock and pop as many balloons as you can. To play the Poppit!™ Sprint puzzle game, all you have to do is pop groups of two or more balloons of the same color in one minute. Fast pops of three or more balloons of the same color increase your multiplier and score.


Play the full version of this puzzle game for free* on Pogo.com. Once you register, you will also be able to save your high scores, tokens, and be able to enter daily for a chance to win prizes**. Join Pogo now and play over 100 free* online games!


*Internet connection and EA account required. Must be 13+ to create an EA account.


**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Eligibility restrictions apply. See Official Rules for details and alternative means of entry.

Disclaimer - I was compensed for my post. All opinions expressed are my own. 

What is your favorite distraction/play-time-for-you thing to do? Do you play online games like me (come on, you know you do!)


8 comments:

  1. I mostly play console games (Xbox360), and usually first person shooters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I am dying for a regular game system. I want a Wii so I can get the dancing games. Hee Hee.

      Delete
  2. When first joined on FaceBook I was really into the online games they had (since then I've cut back a bit,but still enjoy playing at times). I also get on World Winner and play once in awhile.

    somehow I have gotten sucked into a variety of Social Media sites (FaceBook, Twitter, G+) and then there's my blogsites via WordPress and Blogger) Plus You-Tube..... Ohhh yeah and then there's the minors (GetGlue, Klout) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! Ha ha...my focus is mostly on social networking accounts, but occasionally I'll do the game stuff!

      Delete
  3. I used to play WoW. Not ashamed to admit it, but it took so long to do anything useful and the wife got mad when I spent more time with the machine than I did with her. Still, it was fun while I did it. Since the birth of my daughter and my attempt to have this whole "writing thing" take off, I have less time for it. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) I've been doing it less lately because of writing because I tend to feel bad that I'm giving in to distraction!

      Delete
  4. This blog is truly awesome in all aspects.
    click

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.