16 June 2012

CollageIt - A Review

As you all know, I am a huge fan of making collages. Check out this post here for proof! And when I had the chance to review a software that you can use to make collages on your computer, I jumped at the chance!

PearlMountain Soft has created CollageIt. Here is their press release:




CollageIt is a most easy-to-use collage maker which allows individuals to make photo collages on Mac and Windows automatically in minutes with just a few clicks. Whether to a casual user or professional photographer, one can easily and quickly master it. With CollageIt, people can share photos with friends and families in a unique way.

CollageIt assists users in recording beautiful moment in the easiest way. It has the following key features:
-       Automatic, Easy to Use and Powerful.
-       Various Collage Templates to Choose.
-       Customize Photo Collages Freely.
-       Share the Collage Anywhere.



So the question is this - is it as easy as they claim it to be?

Yes, yes, yes.

When you launch the software, it's as simple as clicking and dragging your photos into their program. But do make sure to check out their tutorials to see everything you can do and how. 

Although just as a side note, if you have an iPhone like me, to get your photos into their collage software, drag the photos from your iPhone to your Desktop and then from your desktop, drag this to the software. 

My favorite part of this is you can coordinate the settings to organize the template based on how many photos you have, how large the border is, and how each photo is laid out. It is not overly complicated and it's very fun to play with.

In fact, check out this collage I created using their software (now using as the background to my laptop):


By the way, feel free to use this for your own computer! 

The negatives?

Very few, to be honest. I would like to see them partner up with a company that allows you to send these creations to get them printed on t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. to enhance the collage experience.  Overall, this is a wonderful way to show off your collection of photos to your friends, family and relatives and with the digital age the way it is now, this is a wonderful addition to it.

And I am proud to say that I am giving away 15 copies of this software to my lucky readers! Just comment on this post with your name and email address!  The winner will be chosen July 9th (so you can show off your amazing July 4th photos to your friends!). 

**UPDATE: The winner to this contest is...EVERYONE! Although 16 people entered (one more than I initially intended) I did have an extra copy to throw in, so yay! Everyone is a winner this time that commented. Since this contest is closed I am shutting off the comments. 



16 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun software. Great for a blogger too. Sharing this post with my Twitter followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love collages & this sounds perfect for making it easier to create them. I would LOVE to win a copy :)

    Happiness,
    Corrinne
    pinandtack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the review- I will have to go and take a look at this software-- seems like a decent one. I think it would be good for both a blog and working with photos in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love collages, too. Dig the one you made here. Sure would love to win a copy of this. Great giveaway.
    Barbara
    valianti3@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool. This would be a ton of fun!
    Marissa
    dreamingaaf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! Following from a blog hop:) Hope you will follow me too:)

    http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review. I have a friend who loves to make collages for her Vision Board, and I'm seeing just how therapeutic they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ambrielle BenderJune 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM

    Awesome review! I love collages! I agree that partnering with someone to print extra fun stuff would make it even better!
    Ambrielle Bender
    Um4uorme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun!
    David Hodge
    dhodge1@indy.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great. Count me in. I love to play with my photos and I especially like making collages. I am just not sophisticated enough to learn adobe or photoshop. I keep promising myself to set aside the time to master the abstruse learning curve, but I never can find the time. Your desktop collage it awesome. Is the software really as uncomplicated and user friendly as it sounds? If so, even I can manage to learn it. I am posting this on twitter and facebook. It is extremely generous of you to offer so many prizes. Thank you for sharing and for the opportunity to win the software.

    Melissa Sugar
    sugarlaw67@yahoo.com
    http://fictiontoolbox.blogspot.com (I think that is all you asked for)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to win! I definitely could use this for my blog.
    Lodie
    lodiesblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks awesome! Would love to be able to try it for myself.

    Janice
    jbabbagirl@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great.. Sounds easy to use.. Would love to try it.. thanks

    ltlbit1@hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like fun and easy software to use. Perfect for me! Lol. Would love to give it a try myself. Brigette Streeper brigettestreeper@yahoo.som

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always looking for fun ways to keep the creative juices flowing!
    Julia Nell
    Juliafromjupiter@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. this sounds like some awesome software!!im still kind of new on computer,still learning alot of things this sounds like something i would be very intersted in.it sounds pretty easy ,and i like that!! mdg891972@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.