I also got interviewed over at Arianna's "Random" Thoughts blog where she does great interviews and did one with me lately called, "Be Your Own Best Friend." So please go by and check out my interview (and her great blog!)
So, I have some fun news! Two good things happened for me recently. First good thing was a poem I wrote got published by Front Row Literary Magazine! How exciting!
You can check it out by clicking this link. I'd love for you to come by and check it out.
And not only that I received an award from LJ Kentowski over at the blog LJ Writes and I got the award from Diane Carlisle over at Are We There Yet and both are great blogging friends!
So, as with any award, there are rules. First rule is I am supposed to share 7 things about myself. Okay, in reality, I feel like I don't know what to say about myself that I haven't shared already! But...let's see if I can come up with some cool things:
1) In general, I'm not a big fan of holidays. I'm also concerned this holiday season will be even more chaotic considering the world is coming to an end.
2) I love the spring best, especially in Oregon because the trees are so bright, green and pretty looking.
3) I like finding cool songs for the gym by listening to the music they play during commercials.
4) I have had my iPhone for almost a year and a half and I am just getting used to the idea of reading books on it.
5) I like French music. Like this song:
6) I'm not on Facebook like I used to be (except for my blog's Facebook page.) Blogger, Twitter, and Google Plus are my new favs.
7) I like remembering lines from Seinfeld and seeing if I can use them in conversation without another person knowing.
And Diane had a list of questions to answer so here are those:
What is your favorite song? Someone Like You by Adele
What is your favorite dessert? Peanut Butter and Chocolate anything
What ticks you off? Being talked down to
What do you do when you are upset? Talk really high, talk really fast.
What is/was your favorite pet? My mom's boss trains guide dogs and the current dog is my favorite pet. Her name is Ruffle.
What do you prefer, black or white? Black Spandex for the gym, white pants during the summer.
What is your biggest fear? Spiders and falling.
What is your attitude mostly? Positive.
What is perfection? All in your head.
What is your guilty pleasure? The Sims 3
Okay, that's enough about me! Now to the winning bloggers!
1) Desirae Rasmussen over at Not So Ugly Ducklings (she is the one who designed my blog for me! She did an amazing job and I am so grateful for the time she put into it!) Also, if you want to check out some of her other designs, check out her business site by clicking here.
2) Carrie at Chasing Revery (she's been my awesome co-host each week for my blog hop!)
3) Jane Bussey over at A Writer's Muses (also my second awesome co-host!)
4) Tena Carr over at Jottings and Writings (I am ashamed to say that this is the first WordPress blogger that I have passed along an award to! I can't believe I haven't done this before! But she is also another awesome blogger you should check out!)5) Ashley Chappell at Notes from the Canvas (a great blogger friend who recently got published! Yay!)
6) DB Stevens over at Kicking Corners (an awesome blogger who is currently on a vacation from her blog, so if you happen to see her, let her know she's got an award! Hehe...)
7) Kristen Lamb over at Warrior Writers (my second ever WordPress awarded blog! She had an awesome post recently on the solution to the whole "bookstore" in trouble thing, so make sure you go by and check out that post!)
Okay, so I made sure to pass along the award to bloggers I haven't awarded before! So make sure you go by their blog and say hi for me!
Have a great week everyone!