But, I have received an award from Freya Morris called the Kreativ Blogger award!
I'm so excited! So many people to thank...
*gets teary and grabs a tissue*
Okay, where was I?
Oh! Well, first I must tell you ten things about me (juicy stuff, not that lame-o stuff you would probably find out within seconds of sitting next to me on the bus).
And then I must give the award to five other bloggers!
(By the way, at the end, if you are one of the recipients, just right click and save the image to your desktop if you want to use it on your own blog acceptance speech!)
Alright, ten things...here we go:
1) I still refuse to Facebook friend the guy that I farted in front of in the sixth grade. Yes, I farted in public. But just once. Never have I ever done that again.
2) I'm 25 and I don't have a car, nor a license. I figure that one day that will be a part of my weird "writer" story that will continue to prove to people why writers are strange creatures that will never be fully understood. And riding the bus provides great character ideas.
3) I still search for the guy that I crushed MAJORLY on when I was 17. He's married now and whenever I see his marital status as saying, "Married" on Facebook, I obsessively play, "Someone Like You" by Adele until I'm sick of it. That usually means I play it up to 20 times.
4) I didn't get on ANY social networking site until June of 2011.
5) Sometimes when I listen to music, I imagine that I'm in a movie montage of my life and I think of all the memories that come up while the song plays.
6) I still have my favorite dolls from when I was a baby.
7) (This got inspired by Freya's top ten things about her...) My first kiss was when I was 17 and it was from a guy who loved doing impressions. I hated impressions then. I hate them now.
8) I always feel like being able to draw would be an easier art to do, but I wonder if all artists (including writers) say that.
9) I have a book-a-day calender and I haven't liked a single recommendation that it has given me this year.
10) I think it's depressing that the people who "friend" you on Facebook sometimes will never actually speak to you. I wish it was possible to write all the people you are friends with on there and just say, "Hey."
Alright, peeps, that's my top ten, and now here are the people I felt were most deserving of the award!
The Southern Scrawl
Writing Through College
David Powers King
Reading, Writing and Loving It
All of these are oh-so-awesome writing blogs that I thoroughly enjoy - so check them out and congratulate them for me!
Happy Tuesday everyone!