17 August 2011

[Guest Post] Identify one of your biggest challenges at the moment and turn it into a question.

Today I’ve blog swapped with Meghan Cooper over at JaMonkey. Check out my guest post Summer Time (A Time for Endings and New Beginnings


This was one of the writing prompts that was a part of the Trust 30 writing prompt. Prompts from inspiring thought leaders to help on your writing journey.
That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him. Where is the master who could have taught Shakespeare? Where is the master who could have instructed Franklin, or Washington, or Bacon, or Newton? . . . Shakespeare will never be made by the study of Shakespeare. Do that which is assigned you, and you cannot hope too much or dare too much. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

It wasn't hard to think of my biggest challenge. Finding time to do everything I love. Turning that into...What can I do to find more time to do what I love. You see I love writing, going to events, social media and being with my family, all things that I cram into a day. A day that leaves me completely wiped by the end of the day. I wake up each morning and fight to get my daughter to school in time. Sit in traffic for a job that I didn't sign up for. Come home and have to reply to all my blogging emails, write a few posts and make sure my scheduled is synced with my husband. It was udder craziness.

So this writing prompt did more than prompt me to write about something eye opening, but I took it a step further and decided to reevaluate my whole "plan." The first thing I did was sit down and look at everything I was doing. Making a list helped. I was able to see just how much I was doing. Something has to give in situations like this. I didn't want it to be my marriage or the good I was doing with my new nonprofit. So I took the one thing that was making me unhappy and I kicked it to the curb.

I quit my job.

You see, I happen to be one of those people that has to be working. But I decided to work full time on what I do love. Writing, blogging, and networking. It can be very invigorating. If you haven't heard the radio station personality that decides to quit on the radio. I quit this bitch! I didn't quit like that though. Too chicken. Either way I get to focus on writing from now on. My own business as a social media marketer. It's going to be a great journey.

I'm intending on redoing the entire Trust 30 along with catching up on The Domino Project on my blog. What is your biggest challenge? Turn it into a question and post it in the comments.

Meghan Cooper is a 20 Something blogger that swapped blogs with me as a part of Blog Swap 9. She is a busy (now working from home) Mom to a little girl whom she blogs about on JaMonkey.com. Creator of Atlanta Moms on the Move, a site that offers family friendly events and things to do in Atlanta. You can also catch her on Fox 5 Atlanta contributing to their Moms site My Atlanta Moms.

9 comments:

  1. My biggest challenge is balancing my family life with my writing career. I'm lucky enough that I don't work at an outside job, so I focus my energy on my stories, keeping my family together, and the all-around craziness that is life. Still, I do get whipped still by the end of the day. But--and this is most important--I enjoy it and wouldn't trade this for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My challenge is balanicing my job as a hair dresser, wife, mom. house chores, cooking, and my writing. As you know, not an easy task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Takes guts to quit your job. I wish I could retire earlier, but I'm the breadwinner, so what's a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to quit too, but I like making money and not having to guess at it. The biggest challenge is making time for everyone. That's why I cut down my posts to three times a week. I can at least try my best to keep everyone happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on doing the right thing for you at the right time. You will be a success, if you aren't already. Just don't expect it to happen overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biggest challenge is discovering what career I really want. I'm presently working as a Designer and in 3 years I've been involved with design and construction industry. But sometimes I feel like I want something different, I've always wanted to be a writer. And I'm thinking if I should enhance my design skills by studying Interior Design or Journalism to pursue my dream to be a writer. Really hard to decide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyway, good for you! If you followed what you really want, I'm sure you'll succeed! As for me, I don;t know yet, I both love designing and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely guest post! I definitely had to do some soul-searching to figure myself out recently, what makes me happy and what doesn't. I lined up my schedule for the rest of the year with things that make me afraid, but also have the potential to make me extremely happy. The only thing I have to fear is putting myself out there to be notice. And these coming weeks, I'll be tackling my biggest challenge.

    Best wishes,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great blog! I am visiting from the blog hop! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back too! Thanks so much!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.